Meet Dr. Chartier . . .
Born in Los Angeles,
California, Dr. Chartier graduated at the top of her class from the University of Southern California in 1995, after
attending Chapman College in Orange, California.
Following graduation, Dr. Chartier qualified to practice in twenty-nine states, selecting Georgia as the place
she wanted to live and raise a family. For her first two years, she participated in an advanced practice residency with Dr.
James Kincaid at his office in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, Georgia, before joining long-time Decatur resident and Emory
Dental School instructor Dr. George Slappey at his practice, which she now operates as Michele R. Chartier, DDS, PC.
Dr. Chartier and her team participate in regular professional education, including attending the prestigious
Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, Florida for advanced restorative education. Dr. Chartier completed all six of the continuums
at the Pankey Institute in 2007.
Dr. Chartier has named one of America's Top Dentist and
selected as a Doctor of Distinction by her peers and celebrated in the Atlanta Magazine.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Georgia Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Decatur Study Club for Advanced Dental Studies (President 2007/2008)
Hinman Dental Society
Seattle Dental Study Club
Druid Hills Implant Study Club
- Served as Peer
Reviewer for Georgia Board of Dentistry
- Served as a dentist for Olympic athletes
during 1996 Olympics
- Certified CPR instructor
- Member of the Junior League of Atlanta, voted top advisory member 2007
- Sponsor of multiple Decatur youth sports teams
- Adagio Patron
of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
- Patron of the Atlanta Ballet
- Supporting Member of the Atlanta Botanical Garden since 1996
- Patron of the Fernbank Museum since 1999
- Habitat for Humanity
- Member of Northside United Methodist Church in Atlanta, GA
- Member of the Woodward Academy Parent's Club
Dr. Chartier is married to LtCol Kirk Freund Chartier and has two children, Kate and Max.